Principal Software Engineer
Location: Remote - United States
Employment Type: Full Time
Velocity Global is seeking a Principal Engineer to join our rapidly growing technology team. The Principal Engineer will be responsible for leading the technical direction of our product offerings, working closely with cross-functional teams, and mentoring and managing other engineers.
We are looking for a high-performing and motivated leader who can challenge the status quo to drive software innovation. By leading this team, you will have the opportunity to significantly impact our systems, our business, and, most importantly, our customers by building highly scalable, reliable, and extensible systems. You’ll be expected to deliver quickly and iteratively in an agile environment while providing mentorship and leadership to your team members as they build a world-class platform to disrupt the future of work.
- Lead the design, architecture, and development of our cloud-based products and services, with a focus on distributed software development on AWS.
- Communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, through clear and concise oral and written communication.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product, design, and operations to ensure alignment on technical direction and deliverables.
- Influence and lead the technical direction of the organization, through participation in code reviews, technical discussions, and hands-on development.
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance to engineers across the organization.
- Develop and maintain high standards of coding practices and technical documentation.
- Participate in the full software development life cycle, from design and development to testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Be flexible to work on front end and back end technologies, primarily NodeJS and Java.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in software development and engineering, with a focus on public cloud technology, preferably AWS.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Resumes which include samples of written communication or presentations will get priority
- Experience leading and mentoring teams of engineers.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across different functions and departments, including product, design, and operations.
- Demonstrated expertise in NodeJS and Java. Front end experience with React is desirable
- Prior experience with Serverless is a bonus
- Velocity: Exceeding expectations of our customers, colleagues, and ourselves by delivering swift and effective results.
- Integrity: Doing right by our customers, colleagues, and ourselves through honest and ethical actions.
- Be Bold: Daring to take risks, learn, and grow to benefit our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Empowerment: Owning our decisions and being accountable for the impact we have on our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Service: Supporting our customers, colleagues, and ourselves with respect and empathy.
As a work-anywhere company, Velocity Global fosters a values-driven culture. We value inclusion and belonging. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, ancestry, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
WHAT WE DO
Velocity Global is one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Our Global Work Platform™ enables the world’s leading companies to identify, hire, and pay the best talent in over 185+ countries and all 50 United States. More than 1,000 brands rely on our Global Work Platform™ to build highly collaborative global teams with ease. At Velocity Global, we make working from anywhere, anytime, possible.
WHO WE ARE AS A TEAM
We are a team of passionate, creative, empathetic, and innovative “owner-employees” committed to building the world’s #1 cloud-based, next-gen Global Work Platform™.
If you wake up compelled to innovate, collaborate and laugh, you should apply!