Senior Software Engineer
Location: Remote - United States
Employment Type: Full Time
We are actively looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our growing Integration Development team. This full-time position is remote within the United States. This role will be responsible for the invention and development of our integration framework and systems integrations. You will also be responsible for integrating with our partners’ systems such as Stripe, DocuSign, BambooHR, …etc. This individual will report to our Director, Integration Development.
- Deliver world-class software leveraging AWS and using Node.js and Typescript
- Define interfaces and integrations between internal platforms, 3rd party tools, and client systems.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Participate in all product development activities from ideation to delivery as a "no ego" team member
- Collaborate with team members to break big problems into smaller ones and iterate for success
- Engage in the delivery of software via a continuously improving development process, creating a highly predictable software delivery machine
- Developing asynchronous messaging architectures, rule-based systems, and network architectures.
- Coordinating activities with other developers to ensure that integration projects are completed on time.
- Ensuring that best practices in integration processes are followed by the organization.
- Maintaining the integrity and smooth functioning of the company's integration architecture.
- Analyzing and improving current system integrations and migration strategies.
- Identifying, debugging, and advising on system errors or architecture issues.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience developing commercial software
- AWS experience is a must.
- Strong experience with Node.js, Typescript and APIs
- Solid foundations, including refactoring, unit testing, test-driven development, test automation, and continuous delivery
- Continuous Integration with AWS CodePipeline or similar, is required
- Demonstrated experience with a module and component design approach.
- SaaS platform experience in high-availability, fast-paced, and growing environments.
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and GitLab
- Velocity: Exceeding expectations of our customers, colleagues, and ourselves by delivering swift and effective results.
- Integrity: Doing right by our customers, colleagues, and ourselves through honest and ethical actions.
- Be Bold: Daring to take risks, learn, and grow to benefit our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Empowerment: Owning our decisions and being accountable for the impact we have on our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Service: Supporting our customers, colleagues, and ourselves with respect and empathy.
As a work-anywhere company, Velocity Global fosters a values-driven culture. We value inclusion and belonging. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, ancestry, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
WHAT WE DO
Velocity Global is one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Our Global Work Platform™ enables the world’s leading companies to identify, hire, and pay the best talent in over 185+ countries and all 50 United States. More than 1,000 brands rely on our Global Work Platform™ to build highly collaborative global teams with ease. At Velocity Global, we make working from anywhere, anytime, possible.
WHO WE ARE AS A TEAM
We are a team of passionate, creative, empathetic, and innovative “owner-employees” committed to building the world’s #1 cloud-based, next-gen Global Work Platform™.
If you wake up compelled to innovate, collaborate and laugh, you should apply!