Director of Purchasing and Procurement
Location: Remote - United States
Employment Type: Full Time
The Director of Purchasing/Procurement leads all activities related to Procurement systems support, processes, training, analytics and reporting, communications, value creation activities tracking and other initiatives that will help achieve the objective of developing a best in class Procurement Department. This role will work with critical stakeholders across the enterprise to provide the best value goods and services that enable Velocity Global to achieve its goals.
- Implement company-wide purchasing processes and policies
- Play key role in the just-begun Coupa implementation
- Draft, explain, and implement instructions, policies, and procedures for purchasing and contract management
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors
- Collaborate with other departments and leadership to identify and develop needs and requirements
- Oversee and manage purchasing processes in Coupa system
- Prepare spend analysis to identify key vendors and potential sourcing opportunities in key spend categories
- Develop and run RFIs and RFPs to aid in vendor qualification, price discovery and vendor selection
- Negotiate terms and conditions of supply and collaborate with Legal on drafting vendor agreements with input from stakeholders
- Facilitate implementation of new supply agreements and onboarding of new suppliers
- Provide ongoing Supplier Relationship Management
- Monitor vendors to ensure expected KPIs are met
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Logistics, Finance, Engineering, or related discipline MBA or Master's Degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of professional experience in Sourcing and Procurement with a deep understanding of best practices and world-class processes.
- Deep understanding of financial measurement; ability to identify and quantify legitimate areas of business benefit (cost savings, avoidance, client satisfaction, quality improvement, etc.)
- Previous global experience working within a multi-national, multi-cultural environment
- Ability to lead and influence change in the face of complexity and ambiguity
- Capable to perform in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, and time-sensitive environment
- Full knowledge of internal sourcing/procurement procedures and processes, and knowledge of the external trends, global supply markets and best practices
- Strong sense of ownership and sense of urgency, driven and motivated
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and project management skills; ability to lead complex global projects and build and execute sourcing strategies
- Effective relationship-building skills and the ability to work with people at all levels in the organization
- Strong negotiation skills
- Bias for Action: Seizes opportunities to enhance organizational performance
- Collaboration : Proactively assists and involves others
- Velocity: Exceeding expectations of our customers, colleagues, and ourselves by delivering swift and effective results.
- Integrity: Doing right by our customers, colleagues, and ourselves through honest and ethical actions.
- Be Bold: Daring to take risks, learn, and grow to benefit our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Empowerment: Owning our decisions and being accountable for the impact we have on our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Service: Supporting our customers, colleagues, and ourselves with respect and empathy.
As a work-anywhere company, Velocity Global fosters a values-driven culture. We value inclusion and belonging. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, ancestry, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
WHAT WE DO
Velocity Global is one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Our Global Work Platform™ enables the world’s leading companies to identify, hire, and pay the best talent in over 185+ countries and all 50 United States. More than 1,000 brands rely on our Global Work Platform™ to build highly collaborative global teams with ease. At Velocity Global, we make working from anywhere, anytime, possible.
WHO WE ARE AS A TEAM
We are a team of passionate, creative, empathetic, and innovative “owner-employees” committed to building the world’s #1 cloud-based, next-gen Global Work Platform™.
If you wake up compelled to innovate, collaborate and laugh, you should apply!