Human Resources Specialist
Location: Remote - South Korea
Employment Type: Full Time
We are looking for a Human Resources Specialist, South Korea to join our growing Operations team. This position is to be based remotely in South Korea or within the same geographical time zone. This full-time position will be responsible for driving employee satisfaction and retention within our supported employees in South Korea, by taking ownership and collaborating closely with both internal and external parties. This individual will report to our Employee Experience Manager based in Singapore.
Velocity Global is a high growth International Professional Employment Organization (PEO) delivering high touch international expansion services to our clients, where collaboration and communication are paramount. We live by our values of Velocity, Integrity, Professionalism, Empowerment, and Service and are always determined to be better personally and professionally in how we serve our clients and our internal team members. If you’re seeking to make an impact with a team of professionals who take on change as a challenge and strive to bring new ideas to life, this could be you.
- Act as the main point of contact for our client’s employees based in South Korea and other designated countries/regions, guiding them under local labor laws
- Execute supported employee onboardings, transfers and offboardings, including working with in-country partners and to setup and enroll payroll and benefits
- Create, maintain, and archive compliant local employment contracts and employment documentation
- Ensure supported employees are appropriately set up in all Velocity Global systems as required with client agreements and supported employee contracts
- Deliver exceptional employee satisfaction and retention with sincerity and passion, and approach troubleshooting as an opportunity to establish integrity and value
- Ensure that appropriate project deadlines are met by timely follow-up and follow-through with both internal and external parties
- Educate internal teams by researching challenging questions and employee scenarios, and present solutions to the teams
- Update and refresh Velocity Global internal knowledge management tools
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BSc/BA in Human Resources, International Business or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years’ experience in South Korea labour law and HR best practices.
- Experience managing a team of HR professionals would be beneficial, but not required.
- Business proficiency in English and Korean.
- Research-oriented, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change in a high growth environment
- Ability to quickly assimilate information
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Technology-literate, including Microsoft Office suite
- Strong consultative customer service and project management style
- Drive, strong work ethic, and a passion for creating unparalleled customer experiences…it should be in your bones
- Interest in international business and contributing at a consistently high level
- Velocity: Exceeding expectations of our customers, colleagues, and ourselves by delivering swift and effective results.
- Integrity: Doing right by our customers, colleagues, and ourselves through honest and ethical actions.
- Be Bold: Daring to take risks, learn, and grow to benefit our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Empowerment: Owning our decisions and being accountable for the impact we have on our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Service: Supporting our customers, colleagues, and ourselves with respect and empathy.
As a work-anywhere company, Velocity Global fosters a values-driven culture. We value inclusion and belonging. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, ancestry, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
WHAT WE DO
Velocity Global is one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Our Global Work Platform™ enables the world’s leading companies to identify, hire, and pay the best talent in over 185+ countries and all 50 United States. More than 1,000 brands rely on our Global Work Platform™ to build highly collaborative global teams with ease. At Velocity Global, we make working from anywhere, anytime, possible.
WHO WE ARE AS A TEAM
We are a team of passionate, creative, empathetic, and innovative “owner-employees” committed to building the world’s #1 cloud-based, next-gen Global Work Platform™.
If you wake up compelled to innovate, collaborate and laugh, you should apply!