Payroll Specialist - APAC
Location: Remote - India
Employment Type: Full Time
We are currently looking to hire a Payroll Specialist be based in India. This full-time position is a global client service support role that offers the successful candidate the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company that is creating an entirely new category, and is led by a veteran team in this unique industry space. This role calls for someone who is truly “high velocity,” where resourcefulness is key to success. This position is well-suited for the particularly ambitious person who loves navigating client challenges and is attracted to making a positive impact at work. The right candidate has a relentless zeal to contribute and should have an affinity towards matters of international growth and employment. There is a constant opportunity for competency development, as the successful candidate will learn the business model of Velocity Global and will immerse himself/herself into the unique business models of our clients. This individual will report to the Payroll Manager.
At its core, this position is focused on supporting our global client service team by assisting with payroll administration and best practices. Velocity Global is a high-growth company so candidates should relish the fast pace of a start-up environment and embrace the opportunity to form account coverage and services strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute payroll function for all internal and supported employees in the APAC region
- Assist in multi-country payroll and benefits administration
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all data reporting and payroll transactions
- Validate payroll information using global HRIS automation tools and provide payroll information to internal teams on a monthly and adhoc basis
- Process payroll/invoice information within our global HRIS platform to drive the audit process and generate an accurate client payroll package
- Review and process expense reports provided for compliance in accordance with local legislation and client reimbursement policies
- Input data into our global HRIS accurately and efficiently and communicate accordingly across multiple departments
- Provide timely support to account management team on all payroll, expense reporting and billing matters
- Establish and maintain competency in the area of international employment, payroll and PEO (Professional Employment Organization)
- 1+ years of experience in administering payroll in the APAC region
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting is a plus
- English fluency required
- Knowledge in Corporate Accounting or Finance is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to execute in a timely manner ensuring accuracy and follow through
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, show independence, adaptability and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy with strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills and initiative through individual research and drive
- Ability to maintain a strict level of confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion, sound judgment, and diplomacy
- Experience working in global HRIS / payroll platforms is preferred
- Experience working in NetSuite or similar ERP is desirable
- Experience working in Expensify or similar expense management platform is desirable
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
- Velocity: Exceeding expectations of our customers, colleagues, and ourselves by delivering swift and effective results.
- Integrity: Doing right by our customers, colleagues, and ourselves through honest and ethical actions.
- Be Bold: Daring to take risks, learn, and grow to benefit our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Empowerment: Owning our decisions and being accountable for the impact we have on our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Service: Supporting our customers, colleagues, and ourselves with respect and empathy.
As a work-anywhere company, Velocity Global fosters a values-driven culture. We value inclusion and belonging. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, ancestry, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
WHAT WE DO
Velocity Global is one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Our Global Work Platform™ enables the world’s leading companies to identify, hire, and pay the best talent in over 185+ countries and all 50 United States. More than 1,000 brands rely on our Global Work Platform™ to build highly collaborative global teams with ease. At Velocity Global, we make working from anywhere, anytime, possible.
WHO WE ARE AS A TEAM
We are a team of passionate, creative, empathetic, and innovative “owner-employees” committed to building the world’s #1 cloud-based, next-gen Global Work Platform™.
If you wake up compelled to innovate, collaborate and laugh, you should apply!