Velocity Global joined Ascentis on May 10, 2017, to host a webinar: Understanding Your Options for Global Expansion in 2017.
Want the latest in global expansion options? View the updated webinar from 2019.
In the webinar Understanding Your Options for Global Expansion in 2017, Velocity Global discussed:
- The Importance of Global Expansion
- Challenges When Going Global
- Developing a Successful Global Expansion Strategy
- International Hiring Options
To view the recorded version of the webinar, please click here.
Ben Wright, CEO of Velocity Global, led the webinar and discussed each of the following topics in detail:
1. The Importance of Global Expansion
Companies should consider global expansion to take advantage of opportunities including:
- Access to a unique talent pool
- Increase client acquisition
- Improve market perception
- Finance business growth
- Increase competitive edge
2. Challenges When Going Global
Common challenges and obstacles companies face when trying to open overseas operations overseas include:
- Testing the market
- Determining short term projects
- Immediate need to hire
- Intellectual property protection
- Employee retention
- Attracting top talent
3. Developing a Successful Global Expansion Strategy
When a company decides to expand internationally, it is important to develop an effective global expansion strategy that takes the following into consideration:
- Develop entry and exit strategies
- Keep a light footprint
- Test your target market
- Partner up
- Determine a hiring strategy
4. International Hiring Options
There are multiple employment methods for companies looking to go global, each with unique advantages and disadvantages, depending on the goals of a company. These include:
- Nonresident Employer (NRE)
- Foreign Independent Contractor
- Foreign Subsidiary Establishment
- International PEO
Get all the information from our latest webinar by clicking here.
Please note: This video is for informational purposes only. Viewers of this video will not earn HRCI recertification credit hours (RCH) or SHRM professional development credits (PDC). To earn credit, viewers must view this presentation through the Ascentis Educational Webinar Program.
If you have questions about your options for going global in 2017, contact the experts at Velocity Global. We can help you determine the right way to enter new markets and prepare you for a successful international expansion.