Correctly Classify Talent Across Markets
Take the guesswork out of worker classification and engage independent contractors with confidence.
Assess talent with accuracy and ease.
Researching worker classification laws is tedious and time-consuming—especially when your workforce crosses state lines or international borders. Ensure your teams are compliant without spending hours pouring over market-specific regulations.
- Complete a fast and easy independent contractor evaluation assessment on our cloud-based technology platform
- Get peace of mind from compliance experts who analyze your assessment results, compare them against local labor laws, and correctly classify your talent
“Since day one, we’ve received excellent customer service guiding us through the compliance maze. The entire compliance process is straightforward, and our organization has benefited from the efficiencies, processes, and reporting of the program implemented.”
—Director of Human Resources, Healthcare Nonprofit Foundation
Mitigate risk in new markets.
Companies that engage independent contractors are susceptible to misclassification fines, intellectual property (IP) theft, and compliance audits by local employment authorities. Stay protected when building teams across the globe.
- Avoid the costly fines, legal fees, business interruptions, and reputational damage that comes with talent misclassification
- Establish clear IP ownership in statements of work or employment contracts to avoid legal conflicts in the future
- Turn to one partner for all necessary documentation and paperwork to reduce stress in the case of an audit
Hire compliantly, no matter the classification.
You invest significant time and energy to find the right people for your needs. Bring in the professionals you’ve worked so hard to recruit—regardless of whether they’re classified as independent contractors or supported employees.
- Use our Agent of Record (AoR) solution to easily handle invoices and ensure ongoing compliance for talent classified as independent contractors
- Engage supported employees in all 50 United States using our U.S. Employer of Record (EoR) solution, and overseas using our International PEO solution
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
What is Independent Contractor IC Compliance?
IC Compliance, or Independent Contractor Compliance, is a set of regulations and guidelines for organizations per state or region designed to protect the independent contractors’ interests.
What are the rules for an independent contractor?
Rules for an independent contractor largely depend on the description of their role, which may differentiate them from a W2 Employee.
What is an independent contractor responsible for?
Independent contractors are responsible for the entirety of their business expenses, including healthcare.
How do I find independent contractors?
At Velocity Global, we’ll help you find independent contractor support for you anywhere in the world through our Agent of Record solution.
What can our team do for you?
We help companies compliantly assemble and support teams in all 50 United States and over 185 countries worldwide. Find out how.
Reducing costs and stress while growing a global workforce
Descubra la manera en la que Datadog, un proveedor de monitorización en la nube, confió en Velocity Global para mantener los costes bajos mientras formaba equipos en nuevos mercados internacionales.
Rapidly relocating talent to a new market
Cuando ConsenSys necesitó trasladar a un desarrollador clave del Reino Unido a Suiza de forma rápida y conforme a las normativas, Velocity Global acudió en su ayuda.