Transnetyx is the world’s first fully-automated genotyping system for transgenic research models. Its mission is to help scientists accelerate research with fast, easy, and accurate genotyping. Transnetyx is the trusted automated genotyping resource for thousands of researchers in universities, hospitals, and bioscience companies around the world.
Primarily a U.S.-based company, Transnetyx knew that expanding its sales presence into Europe was inevitable for future growth. The company wanted to test its services in Germany to ensure viability before creating a more robust European presence. Because of this, it focused efforts in Germany with an additional temporary sales employee who could be transferred off when the contract ended.
Due to the nature and responsibilities of the sales position, Transnetyx required a seasoned salesperson and business developer that spoke both German and English. The company’s hiring timeline was tight, and it needed to move fast to secure a candidate and capitalize on new sales opportunities.
After locating the right candidate, Transnetyx needed an agile solution that could be used to quickly and compliantly onboard the employee— without being locked into a longterm contract or establishing an entity. It also required a partner with specific legal experience to ensure compliance with local German law.
Speed and compliance were the two main factors that fueled Transnetyx’s decision-making process. The company wanted to hire a full-time, temporary employee with a one-year contract in order to validate its market decision. Because it didn’t initially have to set up a German entity, it was able to successfully bring on the employee in-country while it validated the market opportunity.
Transnetyx previously worked with Velocity Global to onboard a contractor in the Czech Republic. When the need arose for the employee in Germany, Transnetyx’s knowledge of the global Employer of Record (EOR) solution led the company to once again partner with Velocity Global.
With Velocity Global’s flexible global EOR solution, Transnetyx compliantly hired and onboarded the new sales employee in Germany within weeks. This setup enabled the employee to quickly capitalize on new sales opportunities in the region, allowing him to make significant headway in this specific territory. Additionally, Transnetyx didn’t have to sign a long-term contract, which allowed the company to remain agile while expanding into Europe.
Transnetyx relied heavily on Velocity Global’s team of experts, which provided speed of service, specific incountry knowledge of labor laws, and the ability to mitigate risk. Because of the overall success in Germany, Transnetyx trusted Velocity Global to implement its global EOR solution yet again and hire an additional employee in Finland.
- Primarily a U.S.-based company, Transnetyx wanted to test product viability in Germany with a temporary sales employee before creating a more robust European presence.
- The company required an agile solution to quickly and compliantly onboard the employee in-country and capitalize on new sales opportunities—without being locked into a long-term contract or establishing an entity.
Velocity Global’s Solution
- Speed and compliance were the two main factors that went into the company’s decision-making process.
- Transnetyx wanted to hire a fulltime, temporary employee with a one-year contract in order to validate its market decision.
- It chose Velocity Global as its global employer of record (EOR) partner to compliantly hire and onboard the new German-based sales employee.
- Transnetyx was able to get its employee in Germany up and running within weeks, allowing the employee to quickly capitalize on new European sales opportunities—without setting up an entity.
- Because of the overall success in Germany, Transnetyx partnered with Velocity Global again to hire an additional employee in Finland.