Senior Engineering Manager
Location: Remote - United States
Employment Type: Full Time
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager to join our rapidly growing Technology team. This full-time remote position. This high-profile role, reporting to the EVP of Technology, will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design, and features for the core software platform. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mindset, endless passion, and uncompromising user focus. We operate like a start-up yet have the resources we need to deliver on our goals.
We are looking for a high-performing and motivated leader who can challenge the status quo to drive software innovation. By leading this team, you will have the opportunity to significantly impact our systems, our business, and, most importantly, our customers by building highly scalable, reliable, and extensible systems. You’ll be expected to deliver quickly and iteratively in an agile environment while providing mentorship and leadership to your team members as they build a world-class platform to disrupt the future of work.
- Be able to Shepard an organization of industry-leading software engineers to drive the realization of our technology vision and strategy
- Recruit top-notch talent to join our existing team while mentoring and growing high-potential leaders within the organization
- Partner with product management and other leaders to understand business drivers and the competitive landscape to define organizational priorities and strategies for product development
- Think big and be bold, monitoring and understanding technology trends and identifying appropriate methods to incorporate them into future products and technology
- Cultivate an atmosphere of continuous improvement, using objective metrics to constantly raise the bar on execution excellence
- Keep the team connected across locations and multiple strategic initiatives.
- Identify and navigate organizational change with a keen interest in international trends in engineering and leadership, continuously cultivating positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Work with DevOps on high observability to ensure stability and performance of all products and technology we build
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS or a related field is nice, but aptitude and experience trump. We find the best technologists come from many diverse backgrounds
- 12+ years of experience in full stack product development leadership with prior hands-on experience
- Proven track record of building and delivering high-quality, scalable SaaS products, and platforms
- A passion for adopting modern software development practices to foster creativity, flow, and on-time delivery
- Hands-on expertise in core technology patterns such as authentication & authorization systems, single-page application architectures, API frameworks (REST, GraphQL), persistence stores, and real-time messaging frameworks hosted on public clouds like Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- A natural leader with the ability to organize and inspire others, providing an environment for learning and growth
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage geographically and culturally diverse teams
- Proven ability to provide open and frequent communication across the organization to facilitate product adoption
- Experience managing a budget, balancing priorities, and making tough decisions backed by data
- Velocity: Exceeding expectations of our customers, colleagues, and ourselves by delivering swift and effective results.
- Integrity: Doing right by our customers, colleagues, and ourselves through honest and ethical actions.
- Be Bold: Daring to take risks, learn, and grow to benefit our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Empowerment: Owning our decisions and being accountable for the impact we have on our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Service: Supporting our customers, colleagues, and ourselves with respect and empathy.
As a work-anywhere company, Velocity Global fosters a values-driven culture. We value inclusion and belonging. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, ancestry, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
WHAT WE DO
Velocity Global is one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Our Global Work Platform™ enables the world’s leading companies to identify, hire, and pay the best talent in over 185+ countries and all 50 United States. More than 1,000 brands rely on our Global Work Platform™ to build highly collaborative global teams with ease. At Velocity Global, we make working from anywhere, anytime, possible.
WHO WE ARE AS A TEAM
We are a team of passionate, creative, empathetic, and innovative “owner-employees” committed to building the world’s #1 cloud-based, next-gen Global Work Platform™.
If you wake up compelled to innovate, collaborate and laugh, you should apply!