Date Updated: April 27, 2022
Data that we collect when you use our Site
Velocity Global may collect and process your personal data to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of our Site, particularly with regard to the following:
We collect and use personal data to ensure we provide you with informative and timely marketing material:
- When you download an e-book, checklist, or other content from either our Site or a social media profile operated by us, the download is part of a series of information. We use your contact information that you gave us (for example, name, email, phone number, etc.), along with company information (for example, company name, business title/role), and it is in our legitimate interest to provide you with additional emails and marketing materials pertaining to the downloaded materials so that you have the most accurate and up to date information. If you choose not to continue to receive such information, we make it very easy for you to opt out of these emails.
- If you register for one of our webinars, we may share the personal data you submit during the registration process with the co-presenter(s) of the webinar as stated in the registration form of the webinar.
- We use or retain some personal data based on our legitimate interest in performing internal revenue forecasting and data analytics to enhance our service capabilities.
- To make our Site and our products more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit to our Site.
You can unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time.
Data we collect automatically when you use our Site
Velocity Global and our service providers automatically collect information about you when you access our Site.
Web beacons (sometimes called transparent GIFs, clear GIFs, or web bugs) are small strings of code that provide a way for us to deliver a small graphic image (usually invisible) on a web page or in an email. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed.
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). We utilize data collected by Google to track and examine the use of our Site and to prepare reports on site usage activities. See more information on Google Analytics. Google AdWords conversion tracking is an analytics service provided by Google that connects data from the Google AdWords advertising network with actions performed on our Site. See more information on Google Ads. For more information on your privacy choices in connection with Google Analytics, including the Google Analytics Browser Opt-Out Add On, please visit the Google website at: www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
To make our Site and products more useful to you, our servers (which can be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, IP address, domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- which are essential to make our Site work; and
- to help us improve our Site by giving us insight into how the Site is being used.
We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. Manage session cookie settings here. Persistent cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions. Your settings are browser and device specific—so, if you come back to our Site from a different device or browser, or you delete cookies on your current browser, you may need to apply these settings again.
By clicking on “Accept” on our Site’s cookie banner, you agree that we can place cookies on your computer or device. If you do not consent, you may continue to use our Site, but the functionality may be decreased. You may withdraw your consent at any time by using your browser settings to delete your cookies and adjusting the settings. Adjust settings here.
Data we collect when you become a customer
In addition to the above, Velocity Global collects and processes your personal data when you sign on as a customer. For example, to deliver our products and give you access to our Platform, we may process your account owner’s name and contact information, such as name and email address, job title, or phone number, when you use this information to Contact Us or to access or use our Platform. We may also use this information to contact you, our Customer, to schedule demonstrations of our products or respond to requests for customer support.
Data we collect when you become a supported worker
In addition to the above, Velocity Global collects and processes your personal data when you join our supported workforce. This information is stored and processed on our Platform and can be accessed on our Platform by authorized representatives of the Velocity Global customer to which you are providing your services. This information is used to fulfill contractual obligations to our customers and is also frequently necessary for the purposes of carrying out our obligations in the fields of employment and contractor management. The categories of your personal data that we collect and process vary depending on the applicable product and the laws of the country in which you work:
- Contractor Management, Multi-Country Payroll, Contractor Classification, and Global Agent of Record (AoR) products:
- Contact data (name, address, email address, phone number, etc.);
- Financial data (bank account/payroll details);
- If applicable, demographic data necessary to register workers with local labor and tax authorities (like age, gender, marital status, tax ID number, etc.); and
- Location data (we use built-in browser location settings to collect and report on the country and county/district or state/province where you perform work. You can control this by adjusting the location settings of your web browser).
- Global Employer of Record (EoR) product:
- All of the above categories of data;
- Medical data necessary to provide health insurance or other related employee benefits;
- If applicable, immigration-related data necessary to sponsor a work visa application or otherwise assist with or manage the immigration process;
- If applicable, trade-union membership; and
- If requested by the customer to which you are providing your services, data related to your educational and/or criminal background collected during the background screening process.
In certain instances, we may use aggregated, de-identified user data to help enhance our Platform, debug or repair issues, or otherwise improve our products. These uses are often compatible with the original purpose for which the personal data was processed. For example, to support diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, we aim to provide our customers with anonymized reporting on the demographic makeup of their supported workforce. This information is collected on a voluntary basis during our onboarding process, and except where required by applicable law, we avoid collecting personal data revealing political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, genetic data, biometric data, or data concerning sex life or sexual orientation.
How we collect personal data
Velocity Global often collects and uses personal data that you provide directly to us. This data is collected in various online forms or through your use of our Site and/or our Platform and is collected throughout our business relationship. We are a United States based company, and all data flows back to a centralized infrastructure managed by Velocity Global in the United States. We and our service providers may also receive your personal data from other sources, such as public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other third parties. Our privacy compliance efforts also involve data protection impact analyses in order to limit the collection of data only to that which is necessary.
Other ways you provide personal data to us
If you provide us feedback or contact us via email or through our Platform, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply. If you submit a review while using our Platform, we use your email address to validate the legitimacy of your review. Note that your review will remain anonymous and your email address will not be shown publicly in these cases.
We may also collect personal data on pages of our Site that state that personal data is being collected. For example, when you Contact Us, we ask for your name, business email, company name, phone number, and job function. Where we ask for personal data, we distinguish between ‘optional’ and ‘required’ fields.
Third party sharing
- We use Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and other vendors to help us process personal data.
- We use email hosting services to send and receive business communications.
- We use customer relationship management tools to help with business-related data.
- We use billing and credit card merchant systems to process payments.
- We use ticketing and help systems to support our customers.
- We use vendors in certain instances for payroll support.
Velocity Global does not sell and will not sell personal data or consumer information. We may disclose your personal data to the extent that we are required to do so by applicable law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard and secure the personal data we process. We have certified to and maintain active compliance with industry standards like ISO/IEC 27001:2013. Find more information about our ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification here. We also comply with and follow the principles of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation across our business, and strive to process your personal data in a fair, transparent, and lawful way wherever possible. Where we process personal data from a member of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (“APEC”) economy, we perform such processing in a manner consistent with the APEC Cross Border Privacy Rules system to the extent applicable. By assessing the impact of data processing and the collection of personal information, we are able to more effectively serve and support our customers and supported workers around the globe.
However, no system is 100% secure and the security of your personal data cannot be guaranteed. You play a part in the protection of your personal information, and so you must ensure you protect your username and password and do not share it with others. If despite all our efforts, a data incident does occur, we will take appropriate countermeasures to limit the damage. In case of a data incident that is likely to result in a high risk of unauthorized access to or disclosure of your personal data, and depending on the circumstances, we will inform you about remedial actions to prevent any further damage. We will also inform the relevant data controller, supervisory authority, or other applicable authorities without undue delay.
We will not store your personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which we have processed your personal data, including our legal requirements to retain data after completion of the relevant work engagement. How long we retain your personal data depends on the type of data, the purpose for which we process it, and local laws governing the storage of the data.
Your privacy rights
You have the right to access your personal data, including the specific pieces of data that we collect, the business purpose for collecting or using this data, and the parties with whom we share this data. You may also request that your personal data be corrected, amended, rectified, restricted, not processed, or deleted, by:
- by clicking on the following link to submit your Subject Access Request; or
- by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not be discriminated against or otherwise penalized for exercising rights in your personal data. Please note that we must retain certain information related to the request itself as part of our legal records. We also retain anonymized information, as much as may be possible, in order to maintain the accuracy of our records for compliance with applicable law or to manage ongoing business requirements like financial reporting.
We require all personal data-related requests to be in writing. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time and in any event within 30 days. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity and review your personal data. After we have confirmed your relationship with us and have the proper authorization, we will respond to your request in further detail.
If we receive a request from an individual whose personal data we process on behalf of another party, we will inform the other party of the request, and work with both the third party and the individual to complete the request.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to receive any marketing or sales material from us at any time. To do this, please send an email to email@example.com.
Velocity Global Data Protection Officer
1701 Platte Street, Suite 210
Denver, Colorado 80202
United States of America
+1 (303) 309-2894