Date Updated: 6/07/2021
Velocity Global International, Ltd. (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Company”) is committed to the accessibility of our goods, services and facilities to people with disabilities.
Velocity Global International, Ltd. strives at all times to provide its services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are also committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our goods and services and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place and in a similar way as other customers.
Velocity Global International, Ltd. is committed to meeting the needs of our clients, including people with disabilities and will do so in a timely manner.
Velocity Global International, Ltd. will give people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our products and services and allowing them to benefit from the same products and services, in the same place and in a similar way as other clients.
Policy Development and Availability
Velocity Global International, Ltd. will maintain its accessibility policies in a written format. They will be available to the public and will be provided in an accessible format if it is requested.
Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
Velocity Global International, Ltd. will maintain its multi-year accessibility plan. The plan will be updated and reviewed at least once every five (5) years. It will show our organization’s commitment to removing barriers and preventing new ones. We will make it available to the public and provide it in an accessible format when requested.
Information and Communications
When providing information to, or communicating with, a person with a disability, we will provide, on request, the information and communication in an accessible format or with a communication support. We will work in consultation with the person with the disability to provide them with the information in a manner that takes into account the person’s disability.
We are committed to working towards an accessible website and website content that will comply with the Work Wide Web Content Accessibility Guidelines initially at Level A and moving towards Level AA standards.
Our employment practices will include notification of the availability of accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as well as supports for staff with disabilities. Where employee needs dictate, we will provide individualized workplace emergency response information to employees who have a disability. Our performance management and career development processes will take into account the accessibility needs of its employees with disabilities.
Documented Individual Accommodation Plans
Our process for the development of documented individual accommodation plans includes:
- How we include the employee in the development of the plan
- How we consider the employee on an individual basis
- How we would proceed in getting a medical or other expert’s opinion on the accommodation of the employee at our own expense
- How other representatives or agents may or may not be involved
- How the employee’s personal information will be protected
- How often the plan will be reviewed and how it will be done
- How the plan will be provided in a format that respects that individual’s needs due to a disability
Return to Work Process
Our process for the development of a return-to-work process for employees with disabilities who have been absent due to their disability and require accommodations to return to work will:
- Outline the steps we will take to facilitate the employee’s return to work
- Use their individual accommodation plan – where it exists – as part of the process
- We will work in conjunction with our LTD Benefits Plan and the employee’s physician(s) to determine the require accommodations for return to work
Velocity Global International, Ltd. will provide training to:
- Persons involved in the development of policies for our organization
- All other who provide goods, services or facilities on behalf of our organization
Training will be provided to staff within ninety (90) days of the individual’s commencement of employment and/or service with Velocity Global International, Ltd.
Training will cover:
- Accessibility requirements from the Integrated Accessibility Regulation and Accessible Customer Service Standard
- How the Human Rights Code pertains to persons with disabilities
- Changes that are made to accessibility policies
Design of Public Spaces
We will incorporate accessibility requirements under the IASR when building or redeveloping a public space identified under the Accessible Standard for the Design of Public Spaces.