Regional Finance Senior Associate
Location: Remote - Sweden
Employment Type: Full Time
We are currently looking to hire a Regional Finance Senior Associate – EMEA. This is a remote position in Europe. This full-time position is a highly impactful role within our Regional Finance EMEA Team offering the successful candidate the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company that is creating an entirely new category, and is led by a veteran team in this unique industry space. This role calls for someone who is truly “high velocity,” where resourcefulness is key to success. This position is well suited for an analytically minded, detail-oriented, and problem-solving person who loves navigating finance-based challenges and who can assist in the day-to-day finance operations while driving process improvements to increase efficiencies.
The right candidate has a relentless zeal to contribute and should have an affinity towards matters of international growth and employment. There is a constant opportunity for competency development, as the successful candidate will learn and immerse themselves into the unique business model of Velocity Global. This individual will report to the Regional Finance Senior Manager. The position encompasses a broad range of corporate finance roles and responsibilities across the EMEA region, including the support of local financial reporting, oversight of daily operations for certain European entities, preparation of financial statements, tax returns and more.
- Assist with the local month-end close processes and maintenance of the general ledgers
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly account reconciliations and financial reporting deliverables, including being responsible for bank reconciliation processes
- Oversight and support of day to day finance operations within EMEA Region
- Prepare, record and adjust General Journal entries
- Process, research and record invoices, payments and expenses
- Perform monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliations to ensure an accurate monthly accounting close process, including the review of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable accounts
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedule
- Work with local Vendors to assist in the preparation of local financial statements for relevant assigned entities
- Work with local Vendors to assist with the preparation and review of Tax filings on a monthly/quarterly basis (including VAT returns)
- Assist with process improvements and automation projects across the EMEA region
- Special projects based upon the needs of the finance department
- Relevant professional qualification in finance such as CA/ACCA/CPA (fully qualified preferred)
- 4+ years of accounting/finance experience
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Foreign Currency transaction experience preferred
- In-depth understanding of accounts receivable and accounts payable
- In-depth understanding of accounting month close processes
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction with all levels of personnel
- Great work ethic and attention to detail
- Display appropriate ethical knowledge through extraordinary confidentiality, integrity and professional conduct
- Ability to work effectively both within a team environment and independently
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritise work flow
- Velocity: Exceeding expectations of our customers, colleagues, and ourselves by delivering swift and effective results.
- Integrity: Doing right by our customers, colleagues, and ourselves through honest and ethical actions.
- Be Bold: Daring to take risks, learn, and grow to benefit our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Empowerment: Owning our decisions and being accountable for the impact we have on our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Service: Supporting our customers, colleagues, and ourselves with respect and empathy.
As a work-anywhere company, Velocity Global fosters a values-driven culture. We value inclusion and belonging. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, ancestry, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
WHAT WE DO
Velocity Global is one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Our Global Work Platform™ enables the world’s leading companies to identify, hire, and pay the best talent in over 185+ countries and all 50 United States. More than 1,000 brands rely on our Global Work Platform™ to build highly collaborative global teams with ease. At Velocity Global, we make working from anywhere, anytime, possible.
WHO WE ARE AS A TEAM
We are a team of passionate, creative, empathetic, and innovative “owner-employees” committed to building the world’s #1 cloud-based, next-gen Global Work Platform™.
If you wake up compelled to innovate, collaborate and laugh, you should apply!