Location: Remote - Canada
Employment Type: Full Time
We are looking for a FP&A Junior Analyst to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team. We are growing our team's capability in financial data analysis and automation to drive more agile and informed decision-making across our commercial functions. You will be responsible for driving the automation of processes within the FP&A team, improving the accuracy of our business performance analysis, and telling the story behind the data.
● Identify data quality improvements, bridge any gaps in data, and implement streamlined
processes for data enhancement
● Support implementation of new financial tools and integration with current IT softwares
● Execute requested changes to successfully transform the data for Finance
● Create and maintain automated dashboards to present data in an executive format
● Support FP&A objectives including financial modeling, supporting growth, and
forecasting business and financial performance
● Drive improvement of FP&A processes toward more accurate financial planning
deliverables, including budget, rolling forecast, client retention, and long-range plans
● Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Math or similar
● SQL knowledge and experience with ETL platforms and strategies
● 1-3+ years of experience in an FP&A or Consulting role
● Financial modeling and forecasting experience required
● Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
● Experience with dashboards, running reports, spreadsheets, and BI tools
● Analytical skills and ability to work independently within remote teams
● Experience with business planning software, preferably Anaplan
● Snowflake and NetSuite experience or similar
● Knowledge of a data visualization tool - Looker, Tableau, QlikView, or Power BI
● Problem solver with an agile thought process
● Self-starter with a can-do, growth mindset
- Velocity: Exceeding expectations of our customers, colleagues, and ourselves by delivering swift and effective results.
- Integrity: Doing right by our customers, colleagues, and ourselves through honest and ethical actions.
- Be Bold: Daring to take risks, learn, and grow to benefit our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Empowerment: Owning our decisions and being accountable for the impact we have on our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Service: Supporting our customers, colleagues, and ourselves with respect and empathy.
As a work-anywhere company, Velocity Global fosters a values-driven culture. We value inclusion and belonging. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, ancestry, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
WHAT WE DO
Velocity Global is one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Our Global Work Platform™ enables the world’s leading companies to identify, hire, and pay the best talent in over 185+ countries and all 50 United States. More than 1,000 brands rely on our Global Work Platform™ to build highly collaborative global teams with ease. At Velocity Global, we make working from anywhere, anytime, possible.
WHO WE ARE AS A TEAM
We are a team of passionate, creative, empathetic, and innovative “owner-employees” committed to building the world’s #1 cloud-based, next-gen Global Work Platform™.
If you wake up compelled to innovate, collaborate and laugh, you should apply!