Human Resources Specialist
Location: Remote - Netherlands
Employment Type: Full Time
We are looking for a Human Resources Specialist, Netherlands to join our growing Operations team. This position is to be based remotely in the Netherlands or within the same geographical time zone. This full-time position will be responsible for driving employee satisfaction and retention within our supported employees in the Netherlands, by taking ownership and collaborating closely with both internal and external parties. This individual will report to our Employee Experience Manager West Europe based in France.
Velocity Global is a high growth International Professional Employment Organization (PEO) delivering high touch international expansion services to our clients, where collaboration and communication are paramount. We live by our values of Velocity, Integrity, Professionalism, Empowerment, and Service and are always determined to be better personally and professionally in how we serve our clients and our internal team members. If you’re seeking to make an impact with a team of professionals who take on change as a challenge and strive to bring new ideas to life, this could be you.
- Execute supported employee onboardings, including working with in-country partners and to setup and enroll payroll and benefits
- Create, maintain, and archive compliant local employment contracts and employment documentation
- Ensure supported employees are appropriately set up in all Velocity Global systems as required with client agreements and supported employee contracts
- Research and respond to all benefits, international payroll, expense reporting, and all other HR matters that are requested by regional managers and the client service team
- Responsible for continuously updating and refreshing Velocity Global’s knowledge base
- Support Velocity Global client service team across all aspects of the business
- Drive employee satisfaction and retention with sincerity and passion, and approach troubleshooting as an opportunity to establish integrity and value
- Create and manage employee onboarding calendars by following and refining processes
- Communicate with domestic and foreign embassies on immigration matters for externally supported employees
- Execute on committed timelines, including influencing global affiliates and clients to meet their agreed upon timelines, properly allocating resources, and maintaining the team on project related issues with a strong emphasis on results
- Research challenging employee questions and employee scenarios and present solutions to the client service team
- Support and execute upon compliant employee terminations and offboarding
- Research and respond to all global benefits, payroll, expense and other HR matters as it pertains to your region
- Develop and maintain competency in the area of international employment.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BSc/BA in Human Resources, International Business or equivalent working experience 5+ years’ experience in Dutch labour law and HR best practices.
- Business proficiency in English and Dutch mandatory.
- Knowledge in Belgium laws & HR practices would be beneficial, but not required.
- Experience in managing a team of HR professionals would be beneficial, but not required.
- Research-oriented, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change in a high growth environment
- Ability to quickly assimilate information
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Technology-literate, including Microsoft Office suite
- Strong consultative customer service and project management style
- Drive, strong work ethic, and a passion for creating unparalleled customer experiences…it should be in your bones
- Interest in international business and contributing at a consistently high level
- Velocity: Exceeding expectations of our customers, colleagues, and ourselves by delivering swift and effective results.
- Integrity: Doing right by our customers, colleagues, and ourselves through honest and ethical actions.
- Be Bold: Daring to take risks, learn, and grow to benefit our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Empowerment: Owning our decisions and being accountable for the impact we have on our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Service: Supporting our customers, colleagues, and ourselves with respect and empathy.
As a work-anywhere company, Velocity Global fosters a values-driven culture. We value inclusion and belonging. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, ancestry, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
WHAT WE DO
Velocity Global is one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Our Global Work Platform™ enables the world’s leading companies to identify, hire, and pay the best talent in over 185+ countries and all 50 United States. More than 1,000 brands rely on our Global Work Platform™ to build highly collaborative global teams with ease. At Velocity Global, we make working from anywhere, anytime, possible.
WHO WE ARE AS A TEAM
We are a team of passionate, creative, empathetic, and innovative “owner-employees” committed to building the world’s #1 cloud-based, next-gen Global Work Platform™.
If you wake up compelled to innovate, collaborate and laugh, you should apply!