Anuvu is one of the world’s foremost providers of satellite-based broadband connectivity. Its fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity brings television and entertainment services, content, and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise, and government markets. Its 1,500 employees provide premium service and concierge support to its customers across six continents.
With demand for its satellite-based broadband services growing, Anuvu needed to further establish its presence outside of the United States—without an entity. While it already had employees in Russia and throughout Africa, Anuvu was eyeing Asia, and sought to support an employee in South Korea.
In order to fully explore its potential in both the South Korean market and others, Anuvu needed a method that would allow it to compliantly support its employees in each location. But with multiple markets in mind, Anuvu soon faced another challenge: an accumulation of unfamiliar employment rules and regulations.
Wading through the complexities of foreign employment laws proved difficult and time-consuming for Anuvu; it needed a solution that would provide clarity and afford it country-specific knowledge and support throughout the expansion process.
With employees across the globe and new markets to test, Anuvu knew it would benefit from working with a partner with a presence in each of its markets—yet still managed billing in one currency and offered a single point of contact.
After exploring a number of different service providers, Anuvu chose Velocity Global for its streamlined expansion services and its presence in over 185 countries. Velocity Global was in constant communication with Anuvu throughout the entire process, providing guidance on employment law and country-specific statutory benefits, and was transparent about its capabilities in each market.
Within six weeks of first contact, Velocity Global began supporting existing Anuvu employees in its international markets. Through continued communication and timely execution, the Velocity Global team helped Anuvu employees become confident that they were always supported. Velocity Global provided visas for a number of Anuvu employees, as well as managed taxes, benefits, and payments in one currency.
Velocity Global’s streamlined, single point of communication, suite of service offerings, and in-country knowledge afforded Anuvu the peace of mind that it could trust the advice and guidance the Velocity Global team provided—no matter the country. When growing its presence in the future, Anuvu would turn to Velocity Global to solve any issues with talent acquisition and provide expert consultation—services that other providers don’t always offer.
- Anuvu needed a streamlined solution to compliantly support existing employees in its international markets.
- However, it found that having employees in multiple markets presented significant challenges; it needed an agile solution that could help it navigate country-specific rules, laws, and regulations without establishing entities.
Velocity Global’s solution
- After speaking with a number of different service providers, Anuvu turned to Velocity Global for its streamlined services, continued communication, and presence in over 185 countries.
- Anuvu relied on the advice provided by Velocity Global’s single point of contact to elucidate the legal complexities of its international markets.
- Within six weeks of first contact, Velocity Global began supporting Anuvu’s employees, affording it peace of mind that its single point of contact was always one call away.
- Anuvu remains confident in Velocity Global’s continued support, and would turn to Velocity Global for its services in the future.