Founded in 2000, MercuryGate International is a leading provider of SaaS transportation management software (TMS) for the logistics industry. To honor its mission and commitment of delivering a high-quality Transportation Management System that is always one generation ahead of its time, MercuryGate relies heavily on its team of experts.
MercuryGate had a valuable team member who was leaving the U.S. after discovering her husband was being transferred to Canada. Without an existing human resource presence in Canada—and having future plans to expand its employee base in-country—MercuryGate needed a solution to retain the employee, and also quickly and compliantly onboard her in Canada.
Additionally, it wanted to provide the employee with compensation, benefits, and other HR support comparable to what she received in the U.S. With the clock ticking and the employee leaving the U.S. in just under three weeks, MercuryGate needed an immediate solution.
After considering a partnership with a Canadian PEO, MercuryGate discovered Velocity Global and its comprehensive global Employer of Record (EOR) solution. This agile employment method provided MercuryGate with the ability to retain the valuable team member and compliantly onboard her in Canada without establishing a legal entity.
With future plans to expand into additional foreign markets, MercuryGate found the global partner it was looking for after learning Velocity Global’s international infrastructure and in-country expertise were available not only in Canada, but also in over 185 countries.
With Velocity Global’s help, MercuryGate was able to compliantly onboard the employee in Canada in less than a week. Global EOR not only helped MercuryGate retain this valuable team member, but also saved it time, money, and resources. Thanks to Velocity Global’s extensive knowledge and expertise in Canada, MercuryGate felt confident about its compliance with all employment regulations without having to create a legal entity. Having Velocity Global handle the employee’s payroll, benefits, and compliance with Canadian labor regulations allowed MercuryGate to focus on other global initiatives while Velocity Global managed the employee’s payroll, benefits, and compliance with Canadian labor regulations. As a result of the successful experience with Velocity Global’s simple global EOR solution in Canada, MercuryGate has already turned to Velocity Global again—this time to onboard an employee in Europe.
- MercuryGate wasn’t prepared to lose a valuable team member who was leaving the U.S. after discovering her husband was being transferred to Canada.
- With no legal presence in Canada, MercuryGate needed a solution to retain the team member and compliantly onboard her in the new country.
Velocity Global’s solution
- Velocity Global and its global Employer of Record (EOR) solution enabled MercuryGate to quickly expand into Canada and compliantly onboard the employee.
- Originally considering a partnership with a Canadian PEO, MercuryGate found the global partner it was looking for after discovering Velocity Global’s solution and in-country expertise was available not only in Canada, but also in over 185 countries.
- In less than a week, MercuryGate’s supported employee was compliantly operating in Canada.
- The simplicity of the global EOR solution, combined with the premium service provided by Velocity Global, gave MercuryGate confidence to utilize the solution again—and it turned to Velocity Global when it was time to onboard additional employees in Europe.